Chicken Asparagus Recipe
Chicken Asparagus Recipe: This easy-to-follow recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner, or even a special occasion. Not only is it healthy, but it’s also packed with flavor. It’s a great way to get some extra veggies into your diet, and the creamy sauce will make it even more delicious.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serving size: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Instructions for chicken Asparagus :
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, and asparagus, and cook until vegetables are tender about 3 minutes.
3. Add white wine, thyme, and lemon juice. Simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Place chicken breasts in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Pour the vegetable mixture over the chicken.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Remove the chicken and vegetables from the oven, and turn the oven up to 425°F.
7. In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a low simmer. Slowly add the Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted and combined.
8. Pour the cheese sauce over the chicken and vegetables, stirring to combine. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
Checkout: Chinese Chicken Roast
If you want to make this dish even more flavorful, try adding some dry white wine to your sauce. You can also add some diced tomatoes or fresh herbs to the sauce for an extra boost of flavor.
Saturated fat: 11g