Ginger Chicken Recipe
It’s time to get your taste buds ready to savor a delicious ginger chicken recipe! This dish is packed with an explosion of flavors and is sure to please the entire family. It’s a great way to add a little something special to your weekly meal plan. Plus, it’s so simple to make that you can easily master it in no time.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the bell pepper, edamame, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Serve with cooked rice or noodles.
For extra flavor, add a tablespoon of freshly grated ginger and/or a tablespoon of freshly minced garlic to the pan with the chili pepper flakes.
Total Fat: 13.8g
Checkout: Herb Roasted Chicken
Tips & Tricks:
- For a spicier version, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- If you don’t have edamame, you can substitute with green beans or peas.
- This dish can be made ahead and reheated for an easy weeknight meal.
- To save time, you can use pre-cut chicken cubes that are readily available in the grocery store.
- This dish can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove.