Hyderabadi Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Chicken Tikka Biryani is a classic. This dish is one of the most popular biryani recipes, and it is sure to become a favorite for your family and friends. The dish is full of flavor, and it is easy to make, so you can enjoy it at any time.
The ingredients you will need to make Hyderabadi Chicken Tikka Biryani include:
• Boneless chicken – about 2 pounds
• Oil – 2 tablespoons
• Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
• Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
• Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
• Yogurt – 1 cup
• Salt – to taste
• Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
• Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
• Saffron – a pinch
• Biryani masala – 1 teaspoon
• Ghee – 2 tablespoons
• Basmati rice – 2 cups
• Whole spices – 1 teaspoon
• Fried onions – 1/2 cup
• Mint leaves – 1/2 cup
• Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
• Ghee – 1 tablespoon
• Sliced onions – 2 tablespoons
• Green chilies – 2
• Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
• Cloves – 4
• Cardamom – 4
• Bay leaves – 2
• Cinnamon – 2 inches
Step By Step Instructions :
Preparing the Chicken
- Before you can assemble the biryani, you will need to prepare the chicken.
- Start by marinating the chicken in ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, yogurt, salt, garam masala, lemon juice, and saffron for at least an hour.
- Once the chicken is marinated, heat the oil in a pan and cook the chicken for about 10 minutes, until it is cooked through. Once the chicken is cooked, set it aside.
Preparing the Biryani Rice
To make the biryani rice, start by soaking the basmati rice in water for about an hour. After the rice is soaked, drain the water and add it to a pot of boiling water with salt and a teaspoon of whole spices. Cook the rice until it is tender but still has a bite. Once the rice is cooked, set it aside.
Assembling the Biryani
- Once the chicken and rice are prepared, it is time to assemble the biryani.
- Start by spreading a layer of fried onions in the bottom of a deep pot.
- Then, spread a layer of cooked basmati rice over the onions.
- On top of the rice, layer the cooked chicken and the yogurt marinade.
- Next, layer the remaining ingredients, starting with the mint, coriander, and ghee.
- Then, add the sliced onions, green chilies, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves, and cinnamon.
- Finally, layer the remaining cooked basmati rice over the top.
- Cooking the Biryani
- To cook the biryani, heat the ghee in a pan and pour the biryani into the pan. Cover the pan and cook the biryani over low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the biryani is cooked through.
Once the biryani is cooked, garnish it with the remaining fried onions, mint leaves, and coriander leaves. Serve the biryani with naan bread or steamed basmati rice.
Tips and Suggestions
• Be sure to marinate the chicken for at least an hour to get the full flavor of the dish.
• Let the biryani sit for a few minutes after you take it off the heat before serving. This will allow the flavors to mingle and deepen.
• If you want an even more intense flavor, add a tablespoon of biryani masala to
One serving of Hyderabadi Chicken Tikka Biryani contains approximately 361 calories, 21.3g of fat, and 24.1g of protein.