Paneer Chicken Biryani Recipe
Paneer Chicken Biryani is one of the most popular rice dishes in India. It is made with fragrant basmati rice, succulent chicken, and creamy paneer. This dish is not only incredibly delicious but also incredibly easy to make.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8
• 1 Cup Basmati Rice
• 1 lb. Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
• 1 Onion, diced
• 1 inch Ginger, minced
• 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
• 1 Tomato, diced
• 2 Green Chillies, thinly sliced
• 1/2 Cup Cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 Cup Paneer, grated
• 1/4 Cup Mint Leaves, chopped
• 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
• 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
• 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 2 tablespoons Ghee (clarified butter)
• 1/4 cup Yogurt
• 2 cups Water
1. Wash the basmati rice and soak it for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat.
3. Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and turmeric powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add the onion, ginger, and garlic, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Add the tomato, green chilies, cilantro, mint leaves, red chili powder, garam masala, and salt and sauté for another 2 minutes.
7. Add the yogurt and sauté for another 2 minutes.
8. Add the rice, paneer, and water and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat and let the biryani rest for 10 minutes.
11. Fluff the biryani with a fork and serve hot.
You can add vegetables like carrots, peas, and potatoes to the biryani. If you want to make it spicy, add more green chilies or red chili powder.
Paneer Chicken Biryani is a nutritious and delicious meal. It is rich in protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. It is also low in fat and cholesterol. Each serving of Paneer Chicken Biryani contains approximately 350 calories, 20 g of fat, 38 g of carbohydrates, 22 g of protein, and 3 g of dietary fiber.